Whole Wheat Waffles
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 ¾ cups Milk (I have used everything from skim milk to thick buttermilk…so whatever you have on hand should work)
- ¼ cup Oil (I used Coconut Oil)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 ½ cups Whole Wheat Flour (I used King Arthur’s organic white whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Warmed 100% Pure Maple Syrup for serving
- Fresh Fruit for serving
- Apple Butter for dipping (the kids will love this)
- Mix ingredients together and use your waffle maker.
Microwave Gluten Free Wraps
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
- 3 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Spicy Mrs. Dash or Paprika
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Egg White
- Olive Oil spray
- Mix together flaxseed, baking powder, onion powder, Mrs. Dash and salt in a small bowl. Stir in 1 tbsp melted Coconut Oil – beat in the egg and 1 tbsp of water until blended.
- Grease a microwave safe pie pan with olive oil spritz. Pour in batter and spread evenly over the bottom. Cook on high for 2 – 3 min until cooked. Let cool about 5 min.
- To remove lift up edge with spatula. Flip wrap over and fill with desired ingredients. I have used the wraps to make breakfast burritos, tacos, chicken wraps, etc.
Good For You Pancakes
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese (1%)
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
1. Place oatmeal, cottage cheese, vanilla, and egg whites in a bullet or blender. Blend until combined (about 30 seconds)
2. Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a large skillet.
3. Pour batter into pancake size portions and wait for little bubbles to form on top. Flip and cook until cooked through on both sides.
**These pancakes take no time at all to cook so keep a close eye on them.
Serving size: This makes one generous serving. (approx 6 pancakes)
- 1/2 cup of Ricotta Cheese, whole milk
- 4 large whole Eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar, Stevia or other sugar equivalent
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Butter- I used Pam to spray the pan instead of butter (option is yours)
1. Add ricotta, eggs, sugar equivalent and salt into bullet or blender. Blend until combined and smooth.
2. Heat crepe pan or Teflon pan to medium-low heat
3. Add 1/4 cup of batter to the pan and spread evenly. If necessary pick up the pan and deliberately tilt the pan in a variety of directions
4. Once edges start to brown and curl, loosen the crepe with a spatula and flip it to brown the other side. Once cooked, place the crepe on a paper towel and repeat. Serve with fresh fruit and syrup or Nutella if you like! (Nutritional info not including this!)
5. Serve hot, or layer between paper towels and refrigerate or freeze for later use.
Calories 702 (approx 117 per crepe)
Fat 42 grams (7 grams per crepe)
Protein 40 grams (6.6 grams per crepe)
Carbs 8 grams (1.3 grams per crepe)